Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Strand, SA again

Hello everyone. It's Jared here from Strand, SA. Right where I started this whole African adventure. After a giant circle tour of southern Africa, I'm now finishing out my last week in the Dark Continent. There are so many memories that I now carry - moments that I'll try my best to share, but that sometimes just have to be lived. Watching the paintbox hues of the sunset in the Drakensburgs. The trumpeting of wild African elephants as they crash out of the bush. Sharing lunch in a mud walled Mozambican house. Dancing with ecstatic believers until sweat soaks my shirt and drips in large drops. Worshiping in Sesotho, Makua, Portuguese, Afrikaans, Zulu. New Years by the Indian Ocean. Jogging by the beaches of False Bay. So many stories that I'll love to tell for years to come. For now just a few more pictures.

These from Free State, QwaQwa, and the the Drakensburgs.

Africa VIII

And these from Lesotho

Africa IX

No comments: