Saturday, January 10, 2009

Malmesbury, SA but London soon.

I'm sitting at my friends' computer in Malmesbury, about an hour north of Cape Town. The family that I'm staying with graciously took me into their home for a few days shortly after I arrived in SA. Now, before I leave, they have invited me back for a short visit. They are dear people and have blessed me in so many ways! During my time here in Africa I have had to, like Paul describes, learn how to be abased and how to abound. The Viljoen family has certainly done their part to make me abound. I couldn't be more grateful to have such friends.

Just to fill everybody in on my latest travel plans: I'm not arriving back in the states at the originally stated time. That shouldn't be news as that date has already past, but still stating the obvious can be helpful sometimes. My friend Caleb predicted that instead of coming home when I said, that I would fly back a year later from Japan after trekking across the whole globe. I'm still a avid proponent of that plan, but at this point my plans are not quite that extreme. Instead of flying back directly from Cape Town to the US, I am instead going through London. I hope to spend nearly a week with a friend in London before finally arriving back in the US on the 19th of January. That's the plan. I'll let you know what happens.

When I look back of the past 12 months it truly boggles my mind. There was a time not so long ago when I felt like my life was over. Since that time God has swept me up and taken me on the best adventures of my life to date. He's enlarged my world and taken me to the most incredible places. Since January of last year I've had the opportunity to visit Los Angeles, New York, Johannesburg, Cape Town, and now London!

Thank you all for keeping track of my as i'm roaming the globe. I've been so blest by the prayers that I know many of you have said for me. My friends make me a wealthy man!

jared

2 comments:

Maggie Nutter said...

Dear Sir,
Do you or your Haitian friends know about the Reliv Kalogris Foundation and their work in Haiti?
Have they met or spoken with Scott Montgomery?
http://www.relivkalogrisfoundation.org/US/EN/home.html
Maggie

Jared Kohler said...

Maggie,
Thank you for the suggestion. This is the first I have heard of the Reliv Kalogris Foundation. I just now visited their web site and read about their work. Do you know Scott Montgomery or have any suggestions on how best to communicate with him? I appreciate your thoughts!

Jared